Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cherry Blossoms in Suncheon

I don't know if you've heard, but I really love flowers. That's why when we were making our bucket list for our time in South Korea, I knew I wanted to "walk through hella cherry trees in bloom."

blooming cherry trees along the river in Suncheon, South Korea
April is the month for the blooms and trees have been exploding in white and pink for the past two weeks. Standing in the shade of a flowering tree as the cool spring breeze blows the petals around you like the most gorgeous snow you've ever seen is so calming and cheerful. It's beautiful, glorious, and dream-like. How can you not be happy when the world is showcasing this wonder around you?





Directions: There are cherry trees along most of the river in Suncheon. To get the the walkway with the trees on both sides, go downriver. It starts at where the garden expo will be and goes upriver.

4 comments:

  1. SOOOO pretty! The trees just started blooming in my area. It makes everything seem so cheerful. And I looooove your bike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheryll!! I love having a bike and there are tons of good places to ride in our city. I'm glad spring has finally made it to the Seoul area! :)

      Delete
  2. Will get to Korea soon, just visiting Japan an have become a sakura fan, totally amazed by the beauty of the trees and boulevards. I love springtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is the best! :) I'm glad you are enjoying it, too.

      Delete