Friday, April 13, 2012

Seven Super Shots

We were honored to be nominated for another fun travel blogger meme by our fellow expat in Korea, Tom of Waegook Tom.

Without further ado, here are my Seven Super Shots! :)

1. takes my breath away


This is from the annual Jinju Lantern Festival in South Korea. The river and fortress next to it were filled with thousands of lanterns both big and small. It was incredibly beautiful and magical. It's the best festival we've been to in Korea so far.

2. makes me laugh or smile


At our wedding last May, we had a home made photo booth with tons of props. It was the best decision, EVER! I love all the pictures and laugh every time I look through them. Here they are if you want a laugh.

3. makes me dream


I took this picture of my best friend's feet while exploring the tide pools of Cabrillo National Monument in San Diego, California. Her tattoo of the world really makes the pic, I think. 

4. makes me think


While on our honeymoon in Belize, we visited the ATM cave aka the Mayan Underworld. Mayans would bring offerings to the gods into the caves in times of distress. The skeleton above is a human sacrifice.

5. makes my mouth water


We were wandering around Kyoto, Japan looking for an early dinner after walking around all day. While looking at the menu outside this restaurant, the man pictured came out and started speaking to us in perfect English, telling us about the restaurant and menu.

We decided to try it. At first, there was only us and one Japanese couple there. I was a little skeptical, to be honest. Until we started eating. The food was amazing!

Soon, the restaurant was full of people and they were turning people away if they didn't have a reservation. We struck up a conversation with a couple of nice American women next to us who had made a reservation and they were shocked to hear that we didn't know this restaurant was the number one rated restaurant in Kyoto on Trip Advisor. Lucky us!

6. tells a story


I love Rainbow sandals. The pair on the right were my first pair and I wore them everywhere in San Diego and while traveling with the Semester at Sea program. They have literally been around the world.

7. A photo I'm the most proud of


One of my favorite things to photograph is flowers. I've taken so many pictures of flowers but this is my favorite. I took it at my favorite place in the world, Monet's garden in Giverny, France.

2 comments:

  1. Makes me wonder and say Wow.
    These are really amazing shots.

    ReplyDelete