Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stuck in a Rut

A couple weeks ago, I realized that I brought five cocktail dresses (yes, five...I know, I know...) with me to Korea and have yet to wear one once. I tried them all on in turn and put on the heels I haven't worn either.

I walked (and spun) around the apartment in them relishing in their adorableness. Maybe it's because I hadn't worn dresses in a while since it was winter or maybe it was because I had no reason to ever dress up in Korea but the whole experience just made me sad.

The past few months have been a downer. I was sick for the entire month of March after only being better for two weeks from a previous illness. Actually, I think it's safe to say I was sick all winter.

I haven't been having a very good time, as of late. I feel like it's all work....work, work, work, work, work.
 
from my iPod
To try and turn my frown upside down, I made a plan. I thought it would cheer me up to wear my fanciest dress, make Spencer wear a tie, and go out for drinks at the fanciest hotel in town.

I painted my nails. I wore contacts. I spent a good twenty minutes just doing my eyeshadow when usually it takes me all of ten minutes to put all my make up on. I changed my hairstyle three times before I found one I liked. I put on my beloved red party dress and the gorgeous shimmery coat my mom had just sent me. I wore heels outside for the first time on Korean soil.

We took a taxi to the hotel where the very kind employee told us we couldn't go to the bar that overlooks all the sparkling city lights of our town with the fancy drinks and plush chairs, because there was a wedding reception up there.

I was so disappointed.

We walked around for a while and then went to a restaurant we knew nearby that served cocktails. We salvaged the night and had a good time drinking and chatting while sitting in over-sized chairs listening to techno. We didn't have the view and I was totally overdressed but it was still nice to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment