Monday, May 7, 2012

Expat Friends

A weekend before last, I went to watch Spencer play on one of the two expat soccer teams entered into a local futsol tournament. It was an all day event with about 24 teams entered into the tournament. The weather was absolutely perfect and quite a few foreign people came out to watch.

It was great to be hanging out with so many people who I could communicate with effortlessly. While I love living abroad and learning about the Korean way of life, it can be so comforting to talk to people who are also outsiders here.

Don't get me wrong, I've always felt very welcome in Korea. It's just nice to talk to people who are going through the same things we are on a day to day basis. We talked about everything from what food we miss from home to the crazy things our students do in class.
 
I ended up making a couple of new friends while chatting and drinking Korean beer in the sunshine. It was a great way to spend one of the most beautiful days we've seen in weeks. I didn't take too many pictures because I was too busy enjoying myself but here are a few. 


4 comments:

  1. I definitely know what you mean re: talking with other expats. It's difficult sometimes to speak in broken and/or very slow English and hand motions all the time. Sounds like an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day! Thanks Sheryll! :)

      Delete