Thursday, June 28, 2012

One Year in Korea

 
I'm not going to lie, this year has been a bit crazy. Living in another country creates all kinds of exciting adventures and frustrating differences. My best friend told me before I left that Korea is like a roller coaster--there are great highs and low, lowly lows. She was so right. There were times when I loved it and times when I wanted to just get on a plane and go anywhere but here.

Even through all that, I'm so happy we came to Korea. Not only are we able to work at a steady job with a good income but we are able to live in a foreign country while doing it. Since we both love to travel, this kind of lifestyle is exactly what we want. We want to make exploring and travel the biggest part of our lives.

Granted, working for a hagwon in Korea we don't get much vacation time, but we are able to learn what it's like to be an expat. I'm sure this won't be the last country we live in as expats. In fact, we're already planning to do a work/holiday visa in Australia. :) My adventurous spirit can't sit still for too long!

When I start to get antsy and ready to move on to the next adventure, I try and remember to relax and enjoy every moment because I'm living my dream life.

2 comments: