Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gwangalli Beach, Busan

Over the weekend we went to Busan to visit with some friends and for Spencer to play in soccer tournament. We stayed with our friends in the Gwangalli beach area and it was like a little slice of Korean heaven. I loved everything about the place! First of all, our friends live about a block away from this:



Beautiful, no? :) The bridge lights up at night with little color changing lights. It's gorgeous! I wish I took a picture of it but it was rainy when I saw it at night. Bummer.

Number two, Gwagalli has a variety of cafes, restaurants, and bars along the beach. For the price of a cup of coffee, you can sit in the shade for a couple hours enjoying the cool sea air. There is some great people watching to be had, and what better place to do it from than from the second story of a coffee shop?


Another great part about our beachy weekend get away was our friend's cat, Oscar. Oscar is a loaner kitty that Courtney is watching while her friend does some traveling for a couple months. I'm honestly not very much of a cat person but I instantly fell for this guy.


He has got to be one of the most chill cats, ever. And his hair is just awesome. He's like a tiny grey and white lion! He's a gem.   

Also, here's a few more photos from the weekend, just for fun.
futsol tournament
art in the metro
Gwangalli Beach, it's definitely not secluded!
The Highs
This is a great idea!
Gwangalli street sign
heading home to Suncheon, bus terminals as far as the eye can see!



4 comments:

  1. makes me miss korea ;) I love Gwangalli beach! Definitely one of my favorite places in Korea. That bridge is awesome at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Korea misses you too, Amanda! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome. I want to go sometime this summer. Can't wait to see you this weekend. How can we get ahold of eachother once we're there??? My bus leaves 8:15am Sat morning.. thats all i know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will write you a FB message. Spencer and I have been brainstorming ways we can meet up without too much fuss.

      Delete