Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A terrible case of the Mondays

I thought it was going to be easy going back to work after vacation. We had nine days off and about five of those were spent on an island. We went to the beach, relaxed, saw some great waterfalls, and got to spend time with some really, really great people. We even had a couple days after our trip to just chill at home.

I expected to be recharged and ready to be patient with my little students and cram English into my older ones' heads. This is not what happened.

On Monday, every other word out of my mouth was a complaint. All I kept thinking about was how I want to keep vagabonding and not be stuck in a little room teaching and how we still have another four months to go before we can travel again. Ugh, four months seemed sooooo far away.

Just so you know, writing this now makes me feel incredibly stupid. Wah, wah, wah. I'm like a little crybaby sometimes. Four months really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things, but I just couldn't help myself. I had a terrible case of the Mondays.

And honestly, Tuesday wasn't much better, either.

However, tomorrow is another day and I'll be spending part of it splashing in the kiddie pool with the five and six year olds. Look at that, I'm getting back to the positives. I just need to remember to take these four months one. day. at. a. time.   

2 comments:

  1. Maggie, I felt the same way. I think Tuesday was almost worst because I felt like it would go away after the first day back but it didn't. But, once we are back into routine, time will fly. Also, we have a holidy next Weds. to split up the week. It will be FALL in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, you felt the same way but I do feel a little better about myself now. I can't wait for summer to be over. This heat is crushing. And I'm definitely looking forward to that Wednesday off!

      Delete