Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dilemmas and Delights

It's our last week as teachers and our last week in Suncheon. This Saturday we are going to Seoul to stay with Spencer's sister Katie for a week before leaving for the Philippines on the first couple days of December. For all the chaos of packing and saying goodbye, I feel relatively calm. This is exactly where I'm supposed to be and I feel good.

Dilemmas
  • Our passports are still out of our hands and with the Indian embassy but I'm not so worried. I'm sure they'll come
  • Flying with liquids - I've been packing my backpack which I'll be using as a carry on and I'm really angry at the terrorists who made it so damn difficult to fly with liquids. We had to cut things and then cut some more and then I finally got everything crammed into two quart sized bags only to realize I forgot two more essential things. UGH! Back to the chopping block. 
  • I don't like goodbyes and I'm not looking forward to them all at the end of this week. :(    
  • Missing Thanksgiving - Once again, we're missing the holiday season at home with our families. This is the hardest time of the year to be an expat. 

 Delights

  • We spent our last Saturday afternoon in Suncheon getting me a haircut and lounging at a great coffee shop near our apartment. The coffee shop had this very cool wooden chess set and we had a good game. Spencer won, but I like to think that I challenged his skills. 
  • Downton Abbey - I've become obsessed with this show and have almost watched all three seasons already! It's fabulous
  • Researching destinations - I've been researching places to go and things to do in SE Asia and it's so exciting! There are so many cool things to do and see. Now just to find the right balance between fun and budget while on the road. 
  • One week of teaching left!   

No comments:

Post a Comment