Saturday, December 29, 2012

I Love Bangkok

I've heard you either love Bangkok or you hate it. For me, it was love at first sight.


I expected Bangkok to be crowded, dirty, rowdy, and steaming hot. I expected my mind to be blown by the intensity of the city. I thought it would be packed full of people at all hours with wild tuk tuks blazing by and strange smells around every corner.  That's not how I found it (well, except for the hot part) and I was very pleasantly surprised.


I don't know if it's because I'd been living in Korea before traveling, but Bangkok was a lot calmer and nicer than I thought it would be. The airport was nice, the public transportation we took into the city was clean and air conditioned, and there didn't seem to be any more people on the street than in Suncheon. Seriously.

Everyone was super kind and smiley, the food was amazing, and the temples were all gleaming and beautiful. What more could a tourist ask for??!


Bangkok is such a cool city. Since it's an old city, there is so much character. There are great, fancy temples and tiny out of the way ones. There are gigantic malls and tiny roadside stalls. And the best part is, all are filled with happy, kind people. You are affected by the people around you, and I was so happy in Bangkok!

No comments:

Post a Comment