Thursday, January 24, 2013

"The Best Waterfall I've Ever Been to in my Life"

The title of this post was written to me by my first ever travel partner and BFF, Amanda. I knew after I read it that we had to go to Kwangsi Waterfall in Luang Prabang. She wasn't one to recommend anything lame, even in the vaguest of ways so I knew this would be legit.

We rented a motorbike and rode out to the falls. After our first motorbike rental in Laos, which was a piece of sh*# and the roads were worse, I was a little nervous. What we ended up with was one of the best days of our whole trip.

The motorbike was immaculate and brand new and the road the probably the best maintained road in all of Laos. I think we saw maybe one pothole (this is a big deal, I swear!). Here's some of the gorgeous scenery we passes on the way. It was about 27km from the city to the falls, all of it stunning.




Once we got there, we were surprised with bears! Yes, BEARS! There is a bear sanctuary in the waterfall park and it's quite fun to watch them lumber around and relax in their enclosure. You can also watch them being fed around 12:30pm.



Then there's the actual falls, which only get better and better as you hike up to the grand finale. No more words, just enjoy the photos! :)





2 comments:

  1. The falls really are beautiful Maggie! Adding to my 'Asia bucketlist' for sure!!! :)

    ReplyDelete