Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Taj Mahal

I have to be honest, I didn't really want to go to the Taj Mahal. I thought the crowds around the most well known tourist destination in all of India would be enough to make me dislike the entire place. I'd heard from friends and on the internet about the craziness surrounding it and was even kind of dreading going see it! Of course we still went. You can't go to India and skip the Taj. You just can't.


And you know what? It wasn't bad at all!! Yes, it was crowded, but not any more than any other place in India. It was definitely worth the trip out to Agra. The entire place is absolutely beautiful, especially at sunset. I loved how it shimmered in the golden hour before sunset. The gardens were beautiful, the walkways were clean, and everyone was kind to us. We sat around chatting, people watching, and taking a zillion photos! Here are a few of my faves. 

The Taj Mahal at sunset
taking pictures with strangers' babies--one of my favorite activities while traveling!
monkeys monkeying

No comments:

Post a Comment