Tuesday, July 23, 2013

We Made it to Sydney

Here we are in Sydney, Australia! After traveling SE Asia and India and then being home for over three months, it's nice to try and get into a routine again. I say try because it's a bit hard after our mini-retirement of nearly eight months to get back to work! :)


We started looking for work right away and have managed to make a little money already. I have a small nanny gig two days a week and am looking for more work in the same field. Spencer had some temp work last week and just started this week working full time in a month-long position.  

We are currently staying with our friends, Kaylee and Gary, and they have been such great hosts showing us around, teaching us how to use public transport, how to look for jobs/apartments, and just generally being awesome. We can't thank them enough for all their generosity! Here's a photo of all of us at the zoo.


Even though we are wearing t-shirts in that picture, it does get (relatively) cold here too! That was an abnormally hot day and we got hot when walking out in the sun at the zoo. Today it's cloudy and rainy with a high of 63 degrees. Locals say it's the warmest winter since 1975 and I consider myself lucky to once again escape from a "real" winter. 

Sydney itself has been wonderful to explore. I'm loving all the little neighborhoods around the city. The shops are so cute and I love the old buildings. It's like Europe meets the old west over here. The people are really friendly and the food has been amazing. I can't imagine a better place to spend the next year of my life. I think I'm really going to love it here.

antique store wares out in Newtown

sidewalk seating in Bondi

LOVE in Bondi

under construction in CBD (downtown Sydney)


No comments:

Post a Comment