Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Surry Hills Silliness

Last Friday we went to see a band play at a club in Surry Hills. I think it's the only time I've ever seen a band opening for a DJ. Ha! The band was Gang of Youths and they were pretty good! It's always nice to see live music. We didn't stick around for the DJ. After the band finished up we left due to the high volume of young hammered people. I think 18 is a great drinking age, I just don't want to be in a club where the majority of the people are 18. What can I say? I might be getting a bit old! Although, maybe the band's name should have tipped me off...


Afterwards, we were walking around and saw this funny shop window.



It's little gems like this that make me so happy I remembered the camera! :)

P.S. About half of the guys at the club were wearing bow ties! I couldn't believe it! Is this common where you live too?? If it's a new trend, I'm totally for it. I think bow ties are awesome, even if it did feel a little like prom. ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment