Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Baby Theo

I completely abandoned this little blog of mine! I'm not sure if there's anyone out there still reading, but if so I think you deserve an update.

In late April 2016, I became pregnant and we left Ethiopia in May. Peace Corps Ethiopia doesn't allow volunteers to stay in country if they are pregnant and so I was medically separated. We were so happy to be pregnant that nothing seemed to matter. The school year was nearly finished and we were set to leave in a few months anyway. Cutting our time a bit short was sad, but the thought of a new baby was so exciting!


I gave birth in early January 2017 to a baby boy who we call Theo. He's the light in our lives and I could not love him more, yet every day I do! Being a mama is seriously hard work, but I love it so, so much. I'm so happy to have our little "made in Ethiopia" baby.


He's pretty happy to be here, too. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment